Updated: Apr 6, 2021
Are you using direct mail to grow your business?
When you’re planning your next marketing campaign, don’t overlook the impact of direct mail. In an age of ubiquitous digital communications, a creative, targeted, personalised mail piece delivered direct to the door or desk of your customer is guaranteed to grab attention and engage.
Direct mail is a highly effective way to reach your audience and to connect with them on a personal level. The tangible, 3-dimensional nature of a well-designed mailing piece can intrigue, create excitement and engender emotion in a way that an online communication simply can’t.
What’s more, a direct mail campaign can deliver more than just your marketing message: The medium is perfect for getting vouchers, coupons and even product samples straight into the hands of your customers.
And direct mail works!
More than 92% of direct mail is opened, and 48% of UK adults took action after receiving direct mail last year*
What makes an effective direct mail campaign?
Whatever outcome you’re looking to achieve through your direct mail campaign, focusing on five essential elements will help ensure that it’s effective:
1. Quality data: Using high-quality data will be crucial to the overall success of your campaign. Targeting recipients who you know will be interested in your message and likely to respond will ensure a high return on your investment.
2. Personalisation: The ability to uniquely tailor offers and messaging, combined with the tactile nature of the medium means direct mail presents an opportunity to engage on a far more personal level than is possible through online channels.
3. Creative design: Great design should be integral to all your marketing materials, but the virtually limitless flexibility of direct mail gives infinite scope for creativity that stands out and demands attention.
4. Engaging, persuasive copy: Stunning creative execution will get the attention of your recipient, but on its own, this won’t be enough. To inspire them to take action, you’ll need to make sure that the written content in your mailing piece engages and compels!
5. A clear call to action: As with any other marketing campaign, your direct mailer will need a strong, clear call to action that will leave your recipient in no doubt about what it is you want them to do.
NP Design & Print – Your Partner for Direct Mail
Here at NP Design & Print in Wallingford, we have decades of experience helping our clients deliver successful direct mailing campaigns.
With our own in-house creatives and state of the art print and production equipment all under one roof, we have the capacity to design, produce, handle and dispatch millions of direct mail pieces annually.
From simple, low volume mail-merge campaigns, to high volume projects calling for variable personalisation and complex fulfilment – and for everything in between, we have all your direct mail requirements covered!
From de-duping data, folding and inserting, to bespoke manual fulfilment, our range of services and extensive capabilities give you complete flexibility. Whatever your direct mail requirements might be, we will find the best mailing solution to meet your needs and support you with the expertise and resources to ensure that it’s a total success.
And with favourable tariffs and Royal Mail Mailsort discounts for both national and global deliveries, you can depend on us for excellent value too.
Call Us Now to Discuss Your Next Direct Mail Campaign!
Our experts are here to support you with help and advice on any aspect of direct mail. To discuss your next direct mail campaign, call us now on 01491 824827 or email us at email@example.com
* Source - www.royalmail.com